American Studies > September 11 > World Response
The World Responds
September 11 News.com
"Complete News and Photo Archives of the September 11, 2001 Attack on America"
- World Images and World Newspaper Headlines
Over 500 archived newspaper front pages.
Middle Eastern Network Information - (dead link) (online media sources)
- IranMania News - "Young Tehranis Pay Homage to Terror Victims in US" - (dead link) (09/14/01)
- Islamic Republic News Agency (Iran) - Iran Denounces Attack
NATO and the Scourge of Terrorism
September 11 - One Year On - NATO's Contribution to the Fight Against Terrorism
"On 12 September 2001, less than 24 hours after the terrorist attacks against the United States, NATO declared the attacks to be an attack against all the 19 NATO member countries."
Section include: After September 11 ; Afghanistan ; Prague Summit ; Key Texts ; Background ; Speeches ; Analysis ; Multimedia ; Links.
- Education Partnership with Muslim Nations Launched (10/25/01)
- King of Jordan: "We will stand behind you." (09/28/01)
- U.S.-Indonesian Statement on Terrorism, Religious Tolerance - (dead link) (09/19/01)
- Map of Countries Suffering Casualties September 11 - (dead link)
- Response to Terrorism - (dead link)
- Photo Galleries
- World Response - (dead link)
- NATO Says Conclusive Data Links Al Qaida to Sept. 11 Attacks - (dead link) (10/02/01)
- Remarks by Powell, Turkish Foreign Minister after Meeting - (dead link) (09/27/01)
- Jordan's King and Powell Discuss Anti-Terrorism Cooperation - (dead link) (09/27/01)
- Powell and Egyptian Foreign Minister Maher on Terrorism - (dead link) (09/26/01)
- U.S., China Recognize International Terrorism as Threat - (dead link) (09/21/01)
- Bush, Powell Talk with World Leaders on Fight Against Terrorism - (dead link) (09/18/01)
- United NationsUN Action Against Terrorism
General Assembly debate on measures to eliminate international terrorism - Live Webcast - (dead link) and statements - (dead link) (10/01/01 - 10/05/01)
- Secretary-General Urges Assembly to Respond to 11 September Attacks by Reaffirming Rule of Law (09/24/01)
- Fighting Terrorism on a Global Front (09/21/01)
Op-Ed piece by UN Secretary-General in the NY Times
- UN Security Council to Taliban: Deliver Bin Laden - (dead link) (09/18/01)
- UN Told Afghanistan Taliban Opposition Willing to Hunt Bin Laden - (dead link) (09/18/01)
- Security council condemns, "in strongest terms", terrorist attacks on United States (09/12/01)
- Condemnation by the General Assembly of terrorist attacks in the United States (09/11/01)
- European Union
Terrorist Attacks on 11 September 2001 in the United States - (dead link)
Government of Canada - Updates on the International Campaign Against Terrorism - (dead link)Office of Critical Infrastructure Protection and Emergency Preparedness
IranMania News - "Young Tehranis Pay Homage to Terror Victims in US" - (dead link) (09/14/01)Islamic Republic News Agency (Iran) - Iran Denounces Attack
- Terrorist Attack Against America Resource Page - (dead link)
- U.S., Pakistan Want to "Resolve the Threat of Terrorism" - (dead link) (11/06/01)
- President's appearance in BBC's Programme Hardtalk (2-10-2001) - (dead link)
- President's interview to CNN (30-09-2001) - Main points - (dead link)
- Pakistan and Britain agree to broad-based govt if Taliban regime falls - (dead link)
- Pakistan finds material sufficient to indict bin Laden- FO - (dead link)
- Pakistanís nuclear assets under multiple custody and safe- FO - (dead link)
- Pakistanís ulema delegation leaves for Qandhar Friday to hold talks with Afghan leadership - (dead link)
- Pakistan not to join anti-Afghanistan operation - (dead link)
- Pakistan indicates opening of Afghan Border in case of crisis - (dead link)
- Pakistan concerned about integrity of Afghanistan- Musharraf - (dead link)
- United Kingdom
- Responsibility for the Terrorist Atrocities in the United States - (dead link) (14 November 2001)
"The Government has published a further document summarising both the public and newly declassified material linking Usama Bin Laden and the Al Qaida network to the terrorist atrocities of 11 September 2001. It updates the document published by the Prime Minister on 4 October."
- Responsibility for the Terrorist Atrocities in the U.S. - (dead link) (04 October 2001)
"This document does not purport to provide a prosecutable case against Usama Bin Laden in a court of law. Intelligence often cannot be used evidentially, due both to the strict rules of admissibility and to the need to protect the safety of sources. But on the basis of all the information available HMG is confident of its conclusions as expressed in this document."
Maintained by Mike Madin.
Academic Info http://www.academicinfo.net/usa911world.html
Online Degree Information
Have an insatiable itch to further your education whilst boosting your earning potential? Then an online degree is what you need. Scan through hundreds of online degree programs across various degree levels (associate, bachelors, master or doctorate).