The Art of Flower Arranging: Online Floral Design Certificate
Combine your interest in fragrance, beauty and artistic creation with online floral design courses. While you can take these classes on-site, there are several distance learning programs that can help fulfill your creative outlet in this field.Some of the training you'll receive includes:
- The basic tools of floral design
- Plant care
- Design techniques and styles
- The creation of artificial and dried flower displays
- Arrangement designs for weddings
- Arrangements and design for holidays and theme parties
- Bridal bouquets
Taking courses can lead to a certificate as a floral designer. The courses consist of a demonstration, practice creating the designs and a critique of your work. A typical course might last two days and look like this:
- Table top floral design consisting of a two day program on cut flowers for events and parties
- Large special events consisting of floral design techniques and creation of pieces suitable for large gatherings
- Sympathy designs consisting of concentrated study for creating sympathy floral tributes
Online Floral Design Courses FAQs
What Can I do with a Floral Design Courses?
You can work as an independent florist and attract clients who outsource floral arrangements. You might work for a large florist by designing arrangements for them. There are also party planning companies that employ creative florists to design attractive bouquets.
How About Weddings?
Arranging flowers for weddings can provide a steady revenue source. For example, weddings generally need flowers for:
- The tables at the reception
- The bride
- All of the people in the bridal party
- Family members
- Church pews
The wedding industry can indeed provide a good living for an enterprising floral designer who keeps up with the field by taking online courses in floral design.
In fact, to deepen your knowledge in your area of interest, longer more intense programs are available. For example, there is an online program that lasts three weeks. It's for flower professionals who want to become certified as a wedding floral specialist. The 120 hours worth of classes focus on everything fragrant about weddings.