Iraq War Table of Contents
News & Media Coverage & Reports
National Public Radio (NPR) - Online NewsHour - Iraq War Four Year Anniversary
"On the anniversary of the Iraq invasion, President Bush called for patience, Democrats urged a U.S. redeployment and protesters took to the streets from Washington to California. Two experts react to the president's comments and the political battle over what to do next."
Audio or transcript of March 19, 2007 broadcast with Walter Mead and Jessica Mathews.
- Subcommittee on National Security and Foreign Affairs hearing on the Treatment of Wounded Soldiers at Walter Reed Army Medical Center (March 2, 2007)
- Committee on Oversight and Government Reform - Iraq Reconstruction
Rep. Waxman and other members of Congress have been seeking information on contracts entered into by the Administration for reconstruction and development work in Iraq, including several billion dollar contracts with a subsidiary of Halliburton Corporation. Many questions have been raised about the Iraq contracting process, including questions on the seemingly inflated prices charged by Halliburton to import gasoline from Kuwait into Iraq and Halliburton's admission of kickbacks to company officials."
ReligionLink - The War in Iraq
The War in Iraq Turns 4: Religion and Ethics Resources.
- A Conversation on Iraq with Senator Joseph R. Biden, Jr. (D-Del.), February 15, 2007
- Plan B: A Containment Strategy for Iraq in Civil War
Authors: Daniel L. Byman and Kenneth M. Pollack, January 29, 2007.
- A Conversation on Iraq with House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD), January 26, 2007.
- The New Way Forward in Iraq: The State Department Perspective
A Director's Forum with Ambassador David M. Satterfield, Senior Advisor and Coordinator for Iraq, U.S. Department of State, February 02, 2007. Video or Text.
- H.Con.Res.45 Title: Expressing the Sense of Congress on the New Strategy in Iraq
Sponsor: Rep. Wolf, Introduced January 24, 2007.
- S.Con.Res.4 Title: A Concurrent Resolution Expressing the Sense of Congress on Iraq
Sponsor: Sen. Warner, Introduced January 24, 2007.
- S.Con.Res.2 Title: A Concurrent Resolution Expressing the Bipartisan Resolution on Iraq
Sponsor: Sen. Biden, Introduced January 17, 2007.
- Iraq Study Group Report (December 6, 2006)
- The Baker-Hamilton Commission
- Scenarios for the Insurgency in Iraq
Summary: "Three workshops explored hundreds of forces and factors relevant to insurgency outcomes and focused on key drivers to develop five alternative scenarios. These scenarios reflected the participants' perception that positive outcomes would be hard to achieve, and negative outcomes could be foreseen much more easily.
Special Report No. 174, October 2006
By Alan Schwarz
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) - The ICRC in Iraq
"The ICRC's main priority in Iraq is to ensure that the rights of civilians and persons deprived of their freedom are respected and that the occupying powers are aware of and fulfil their obligations under international humanitarian law."
Analysis & Studies
- War Report - Iraq War and Afghan Aftermath
"Select articles, key documents, and analyses compiled and frequently updated..."
- Disappearing the Dead: Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Idea of a "New Warfare"
Project of Defense Alternatives Research Monograph #9, By Carl Conetta, February 2004.
"Examines the Pentagonís treatment of the civilian casualty issue in the Iraq and Afghan wars..."
PBS - America at a Crossroads
Companion website to the April 2007 series.
"...is a major public television event premiering on PBS in April 2007 that explores the challenges confronting the post-9/11 world ó including the war on terrorism; the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan; the experience of American troops serving abroad; the struggle for balance within the Muslim world; and global perspectives on Americaís role overseas."
Films include: JIHAD: The Men and Ideas behind Al Qaeda ; Warriors ; Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience ; Gangs of Iraq ; The Case for War: In Defense of Freedom ; Europe's 9/11 ; The Muslim Americans ; Faith Without Fear ; Struggle for the Soul of Islam: Inside Indonesia ; Security versus Liberty: The Other War ; The Brotherhood.
Online Degree Information
Are you interested in earning a degree online? Browse through our featured online degree programs and courses to discover your online education options. Find associate degrees, bachelor degrees, master degrees and doctoral degrees. Choose among the top accredited online schools, colleges and universities and request more information about your desired program or course.